Monday, July 27, 2009

What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

materials (ceramic, ceramic plated, gold plated, etc)? settings (what heat is best, do I need a variety?)? 1 inch or 2 inch (what's so special about that anyway?)? what brand? what is your experience with this?



and should I use hair products like smoothing agents or heat protection or something prior to using? or would that be bad for my hair and the straightener? what kind of products?



I have limp, relatively straight but scraggly, long blondish hair.



What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

definitely use smoothing gloss and a heat protectant spray first before flat ironing. get a good quality straightener like chi or hot tools w/ rounded edges. the 1 or 2 inch really depends on your hair, if it isn't super curly by the roots then get the 2 inch. you will spend less time with a bigger flat iron.



What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

ceramic with adjustable heat settings and use protectant spray



What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

One word........ Maxiglide



What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

I think the material is overrated but gold plated will chip and need to be replaced. The width preference just depends on how much hair you have (length %26amp; thickness). Always use a heat protection spray prior. I like Nexxus Heat Protexx. It smells good and it's always best to go with salon quality.



What should I look for in a flat iron hair straigtener?

i just bought the bio ionic hair straightener about a month ago and it's great. it's a pricey but it's cut my time in half.



as for heat protection, ive used biosilk, pantene, thermasilk, aussie, clairol, citrus,...etc, i dont think a lot of them work. overtime, i dont think any heat protection will protect the hair from damage. i recommend using a lot of conditioner....%26amp; treatment once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment