Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

That's right, I have a big forhead (and head for that matter) along with thick, curly hair. I have a pro straightener so I have the option of straightening it once and a while.



Now: my hair is always pulled (which excentuates my forehead even more) in a messy pony or bun.



Any ideas as to how I should cut my hair? Keeping in mind my forehead?



I really appreciate any advice thank you. :)



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

i would get bangs to cover most of your forehead.



and then straighten your bangs so they arent poofy.



but leave the rest curly.



that would look SOO totally cute :D :D



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

Part it to the side and sweep from the part downward across the forehead and back into a pony or bun. You can also wear it down that way. The swept hair will help to minimize your forehead. And the curly hair, just live with it because people are usually jealous. At least that's what I was always told about my curly hair! :o) Also, become friends with bobby pins (to keep your sweep in place).



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

Ohh I'm with you girlie. I have the SAME problem. My head and forehead are quite large too. You can get side swept bangs which cover approx. half your forehead and if you like to put your hair in a pony or bun, it's perfect because it still covers your forehead.



Here's some pictures of what I'm talking about -



http://teamsugar.com/files/images/File04...



http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/T/G/Lind...



I have side bangs and they are awesome! (not to mention if your into what's "in," side bangs are in)



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

I would keep it long myself and maybe layer it the length takes away from your forehead. If you don't have bangs let your hairdresser have a field day they love to create them this will also cover some of your forehead.



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

I would recomend something loose and natural, sholder length maybe, letting some shorter curls hang over your forehead. defenately embrace your natural texture though, trying to tame it is just a hassle when you can use it to your advantage! good luck!



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

I don't know why curlies are so quick to straighten their hair. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Embrace it, it's a part of who you are. NEways...bangs in front work for my best friend. Or twists all over your head.(They will hang in front and are a hairstyle that doesn't require straightening:)



I would suggest going to motowngirl.com for other hairstyle how to's.



And embrace that BIG forehead too!



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

Get sideswept bangs and even if you tie your curly hair up, make sure you do your bangs (either straighten or blow dry them).



When I used to have bangs, I would straighten them and put mousse in the rest of my hair and leave it down. It would look really cute. I have a big forehead too and a round face so the angular bangs made my face look squarer.



What else you could do is sprinkle some fine highlights in your bangs too. That would look nice and summery.



Big forehead, curly thick hair...WHAT STYLE OF HAIR???

Well, exactly what does your curls look like?



If you have a large forehead, I'd get bangs that I would straighten everyday.



If you have small neat curls, keep it a little longer than shoulder length, it will frame your large head (:-P)



If you have large messy curls, keep it long, don't thin it out too much if you choose to thin it out, and if you layer it, layer it all around and not just to frame your face. It will be easier to maintain that way.



I hope I've helped.



OH! and if you're really into making a large leap, add some highlights to ascentuate your new look! =D



Just don't do anything drastic! Think it out! I know it's just hair, and it will grow out or it will be redyeable but don't forget what damage it does to your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment